Thursday, May 22, 2014
Animal Friends Challenge - Happy Birthday
This is for my niece Jade who is one for more simpler things so that is what I went with. I stamped the dragonflies in blue and embossed it in blue on a green vellum paper. I stamped the Happy Birthday also in blue. I mounted it on this orangy-red card stock and then on this yellowy-green card stock. I coloured in the wings with creatix paint in iridescent blue and used stickers for the corners. Simple but effective I think.
Monday, May 19, 2014
Crafty Creations - Recipe Challenge use at least 2-Flowers, Die-cut, Ribbon, Purple
Eclectic Ellapu - Spring or a Sketch
Dream Valley Challenges - Things with Wings
Alphabet Challenge - G for Gorgeous Gowns
I had a fun long weekend since it is Victoria Day in our neck of the woods or as we say, May 2-4 weekend. Our 1 niece, Maddy, had her birthday on Saturday-she turned 20! Our other niece (on my side), Jade, turned 19 on Sunday. The card above is for Maddy. This is a sketch from Eclectic Ellapu and I was inspired to try this from Fanny Thornton's A to Z about quilting. I did not do any sewing though(It would have been a mess). I was also inspired by the Fairy Tales from Pensuasion and Untethered Realms that I read on the A to Z reading frenzy. I took 4 pieces of paper, one I left as is, 2 I embossed tiny flowers on the yellow card stock and tiny dots on the blue cardstock. The green vellum, I used my cuddlebug. I stamped the fairy who is wearing a great gown created by Gnomes are us ( Anorexic super model divas eat your heart out) and I coloured her with Gamsol Pencils. I used some soft pastels around Ms. Fairy and I surrounded her with a nice light lilac ribbon and some other ribbon in antique silver/gold. I finished it off with a little bling. Thanks for the inspiration:) Hope you likey, likey:)
Monday, May 12, 2014
This is for Alex J. Cavanaugh who I find to be amazing in his blogging activities. He helps many people and showcases so many on his blog. He is a breath of optimistic fresh air. I thought about making this card for a while and I was concerned Alex might think me slightly weird but then he would be right:) Something just told me to do this so I did and it is for you. I chose some shimmery black and silver paper as it reminds me of the sky and the future and what might be out there. I looked at his blog and his Ninja and I drew it on paper, coloured it in and cut it out. I embossed the letters and I was inspired by a Rush album that had their letters going from red to yellow so I tried to duplicate that since he is a Rush fan. I edged it with stars for his science fiction flair and added the music notes. I hope you like it and if you want it, just ask and I shall happily send it to you if you want but if you don't that's OK too:). I just thought I would highlight you since you do it for so many others. Happy Day everyone
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Carol Graham at She discussed all about her dogs on the A to Z Challenge. I was just shown how to do the name thingy-Yippee! I also thought this was good for my writing (or lack there of) and getting to know me (without singing it). Anyway here are the rules:
Here are the rules for the award:
- List 11 facts about yourself
- Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you in your post
- Answer 11 questions by whoever nominated you
- Ask 11 new questions to 5 - 10 bloggers with less than 300 followers - do NOT re-nominate the blog that nominated you
- Go to their blogs and tell them they have been nominated
- HAVE FUN
Here is a little bit bout me
- I am a geek and love it.
- I can swear like a sailor
- I am very proud of being a Canadian but also proud of my German heritage and yes I have dirndls with the bosom flowing over and the whole apron thingy.
- I have been a credit counsellor for 23 yrs and still enjoy my job immensely
- I have Ehlers-Danlos-the type 3 hypermobility type. constant pain in all joints. cue the violins
- I am strong in mind and refuse to give in to fear (except heights) even though I worry about things that usually never happen
- Dislike making sports people and entertainment people heroes-I mean really? War vets are heroes not a guy who puts a ball in a hoop
- I have strong opinions but value others' opinions
- Love classical music, film music, classic rock, blues, but please no hiphop or rap crap
- I have experienced severe bullying for years-hospital visits galore but couldn't break a bone (Yahoo for the E.D.)
- I love my husband, my family, my friends, my animals (all animals), my job, Life overall as it is a banquet
Here are the questions I am to answer:
Questions from Carol Graham
1) Can you tell me about yourself in 5 words or less?-dreamer,worrier, loyal, dependable, compassionate-hmmm sounds like my black lab
2) What are you passionate about? Film, chocolate, Creating Cards, Travel, Chocolate, art, chocolate, history, and can you guess??? Chocolate!
3) Do you have a Bucket List? If so, how many items and your number one most important? I don't but sky diving and bungee jumping would not be on that! To be healthy...and have more chocolate.
4) What is your favorite dog breed and why? I love all dogs even the yappy little Sh*&;^! but I do gravitate to the Black Lab
5) Do you like to cook and if so, your favorite type of dishes? I can cook but there is so much more to life than pots and pans. Love Rouladen, Red Cabbage and chocolate-OK I am a bit ocd with chocolate.
6) What angers you the most? sanctimonious people and bombastic bushkins (Mayor Ford comes to mind)
7) What is your biggest pet peeve? keeping cupboard doors slightly open-why do people do that? I believe it is a plot to drive me insane
8) What are your best qualities? Aside from loving chocolate? I am there for my friends no matter what as I cherish them dearly. I always try to help and offer encouraging words. Better to look at the bright side even when you see darkness.
9) What are your worst traits, if you dare to share? stubborn, worrier, leave little piles around-drives my husband nuts-heheheheeee
10) What is something you hate doing but have to? dust-it never ends. Cleaning our cat's ass-we rescued her and she is fat. We are trying to get her to lose weight. She slides her ass on our carpet and leaves a streak like men do in their underwear-isn't she a dream? She is our Mia
11) How long have you been blogging? I am trying to remember but senility is creeping in-I think 2010 or 2011??
Now here are my questions and I nominate 6 people who I hope don't kill me for nominating them but I think they are wonderful from the brief time I have met them in blogger land. They are:
Su-Sieee Mac -daily musings
Anabel Marsh - Travel a go-go:)
Grammy Staffy - Sweet lady with talented grand children!
Joseph Alsarraf - Humour and fun
Vidya Sury - Gives a smile every day
Ros - great info on genealogy
Beloo Mehra - Passion for education
- What animal do you always visit at the zoo or watch on TV before any other? Why?
3. If you won the lottery, what would you do?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
5. Name 5 things you like about yourself?
6. What's your favourite holiday and why?
7. What is your favourite film? Your favourite actor/actress?
8. Which movie or TV show do you wish was gone from your sight?
9. Which entertainer do you feel needs a good spanking and be sent to a farm to work
10. Who do you admire, living or dead?
11. What makes you smile?
Ok there ya go! This was a long one but I hope you read and don't skim by:) I also hope the people I nominated are not upset but look at this as fun. If you feel like answering these in the comments 1 or all be my guest (again I won't sing). Enjoy your day!
Monday, May 5, 2014
Oh My Goodness!! I am a survivor....or am I?
Maybe this is a mystery-I am a victim and who is the killer??? Ok Nothing that dramatic. You don't need to grab your ratty trench coat and try to solve a crime. I did survive the A to Z Challenge and thoroughly enjoyed it!
Great posts by so many people who I am now following and vice versa. I have read about quilting, Everyday musings, travel, amazing grandchildren with wonderful talents written by a beautiful lady (Grammy's News), the paranormal, fairy tales and tales from the dark side. Places people love to revisit or starting anew in a new land, the animal lovers and art lovers-I salute you. To the ladies who made me think about education and the meaning of joy in life and made me smile every day. I also found out about different foods and fruits and got great recipes from Sharon Himsl. For example check out http://shells-tales-sails.blogspot.ca/2014/04/t-is-for-thimbleberry-yummy-fruits-z.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+ShellsTalesAndSails+(Shells,+Tales,+and+Sails)-I made this recipe but with raspberries and it is delicious if I do say so myself.
It looks pretty good for a first try.
Stephanie Faris - http://stephie5741.blogspot.ca/-is revealing her book cover today and that is something special so I look forward to the blog-hop even though I am a crafter of cards and not a writer-oh well. I am writing here.
This was my first A to Z-I loved every moment. Since it is my first I can't critique the negative things and why when I had a great time. I loved the pictures and commentaries and loved what people wrote and what they wrote on my blog. To the people who started this and helped out from the great Alex and all the rest. It was fun!
Thursday, May 1, 2014
To everyone who looked at my blog for the A to Z Challenge I just want to say a special thank you. It was wonderful reading all your kind comments as I was very close to not joining in, but Alex the Ninja was a guiding light and I decided to take it on and I am very glad to have done so.
If you read my posts you know I love Jimmy Stewart and he is my favourite actor. I have his book of poems and they became famous when he recited them on Johnny Carson. Above he recites his poem about his dog. Yes it made me cry and I don't care-it was sweet!
I also love animals and am following a couple of blogs that I found during my A to Z and told them of my beautiful Katie girl, my black lab, who is with my dad now probably traipsing in the bush somewhere. Our current dog is our Wallace who is a rescue and is all fun and playful until he has to go outside and then he shivers and freaks-absolutely terrified after all these years. Yes he is also known as chunky chunk and fart boy-boy can he let them rip and it sounds like a trucker (meaning no disrespect to truckers). So here are my 2 below:) oh and yes Wallace has 1 blue eye and 1 brown eye.
This is Katie
This is Wallace
Wallace and our lover girl Jade
Katie with Jade when she was a kitten