Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Blue Christmas







Hunka Hunka Hunka Burnin Love...Oops wrong Elvis song. It's been going through my head. I shall blame the heat on this:) Well Today at 365 Day cards the background was to stamp your sentiment over the whole background and at Christmas Stampin one could use your favourite colour so Blue it is!! Is there any other better colour..I think not:) OK OK I hear ya roar but for me it is Blue. I have this shimmery blue silver cardstock which I used a smal snowflake and stamped around the edges (hard to see but it is there). I took light blue card stock and I stamped "Season's Greetings" all over in the same colour and then embossed it in blue pearl for a subtle look. I took my Merry Christmas Stamp and stamped it in a blue dye ink. I then took a Big Merry Christmas stamp and stamped it in blue ink and embossed it in Lapis Lazuli. I took dark blue card stock and stamped the ornament "Noel" in silver and embossed it Opal powder. I mounted them and then I had some extra felt bits lying around in blue sparkle and I cut them to edge for a border and finished it off with blue crystals. It's a Blue Christmas in hot July.

3 comments:

  1. Oh pretty! Nothing like making Christmas cards to try to deal with the heat of the dog days of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long!

    ReplyDelete