Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Butterfly

In the midst of mahem and all such other things, I have been able to make a card! I decided to make something pretty and sweet...yup I know, really?? I am actually liking this one card of mine. I entered this in http://flutterbywednesdays.blogspot.com. This week was to have Pink, Orange and Green in the card. I used a cuddlebug for the butterfly motif. I coloured it with perfect pearls, in an array of colours, using water for the base. I never tried this before and I like the result! It gives a nice shimmer and I am all for shimmer and sparkle.I then mounted it on green cardstock and white cardstock but I used pink tissue paper for the background and glued it on the white cardstock. I then edged it in a silver stickers which I coloured in orange. Now i hope to do a few more cards soon as my mom(having had to go to the hospital because of the dementia and lighting a pen on fire thinking it was her cigarette) is better now. She is back home with us but is now on meds that calm her down and we can function! She is now smoke free for 3 weeks! She has been a smoker for 60 yrs but she had no choice but to quit as i don't want her and my home to burn down. I have to hand it to her. This is no easy feat especially after decades of smoking. So another pretty day to enjoy...have a fab day!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, Birgit!

    got your email - and I will try to type out some instructions for you some time later this week.

    So glad to hear your mom has been smoke free for three weeks! Here's to cleaner air! (And healthier lungs for all.)

    Have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete