Sunday, March 7, 2010

Flutter and Crafty!

Ok this first design is for Flutter by Wednesdays and we had to go by a photo as inspiration. I just loved the purple tree in the background so I tried to duplicate it. I used glossy white cardstock. I used purple embossing ink and Purple glitter for the trees. I then used my twinkling H2O's and coloured in the trees to give extra shimmer. I used different coloured ink pads and sponged in orange, pink, blue and purple for the background and in black dye ink, I plcaed in the swirly design (which I love and use alot-see below:)) and my fern and grass stamp pad. I then stamped my fairy and cut her out. I coloured her also with twinkling H2o's and made her a little green-she lives in the woods. I then ended it with using my stickles!
This is for Crafty Creations challenge where we had to use mostly one colour so I decided to challenge myself too and try for various shades of black:) I used cotton to create the background with chalks starting with a light grey and going all the way to Balck. I then samped the image of the flower swirl design on the sides first just using basic dye ink pad and then using a black pigment ink pad and embossing with black glitter. I used the black glitter and embossed the Happy Birthday greeting and also the bird and cut the bird out and used pop dots to place it there. I also used a cut out design with the hearts and then the inside of the card I also embossed with black glitter so it shows up, well as you see here-at the bottom.Have a great day and enjoy the Oscars!

5 comments:

  1. So pretty!!! I love sparkles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are very nice! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both your creations, but, especially love your fairy creation, so love those purple trees, love all the different colour stickles/sparkles you have used in the backgroun, beautiful, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well as usual you have made fantastic cards!! **miss you on 365 cards**
    So glad you joined us on crafty creations this week :)

    ReplyDelete